Friday, January 1, 2010

Day 1

Dear Mr. President,

I do not have an extraordinary story. I have not overcome great obstacles, I have accomplished nothing significant, and I have no claim to superior knowledge on any subject. I do not hold high office, I am not surrounded by experts, and I have not traveled the world. For these, and many other reasons, I do not claim any authority to question your decisions or judgment on issues.
I am, however, a citizen, a voter, and number among those who celebrated the 2008 election as though this country had been reborn. I do not always agree with your positions, and I, like so many, grow impatient at times with how slowly we inch away from the darkness of the Bush years. That being said, I'd really just like to express my admiration for you, and my faith that 2010 will see your positions and policies more closely reflect your principles.
Today I purchased your first book and I intend to begin reading it in the morning. I'm looking forward to the insight it will offer into your personal journey.

Anyway, Happy New Year, Mr. President. Good luck.

Respectfully yours,

Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment