Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day 54- We missed you on whitehouse.gov last week

Damn, that's right, you wasn't there.


Dear Mr. President,

Every time I see that Dan Pfeiffer has posted another entry on the White House blog, my day gets better. Your Communications Director is hilarious. I've never read a government official who uses sarcasm so effectively. Rahm Emanuel may have inspired some pretty hilarious SNL skits, but I think Mr. Pfeiffer is truly the master of writing press releases that make me go "oh, snap!" Today was no exception. In a blog entry that's almost as pithy as a Timbaland song, Mr. Pfeiffer called out congressional Republicans for failing to propose an alternate plan.

This is exactly what we should be hearing. Republicans have had months to propose solutions and they have yet to post alternative legislation. I fear Thursday will be another round of sound-bite attacks without any substance to back them up, and I hope that you and the congressional Democrats don't allow them to get away with it. For the first time in the long history of the health care debate, I feel that we are close to getting reform passed, and I don't care how snarky we have to be to get it done- we're right, they're empty-handed with alternatives, and the status quo is unacceptable.

I've been trying to imagine if I can fairly compare your staff with that of President Bush's White House. None of them struck me as particularly funny. Maybe President Bush took care of the levity himself, with the nick names and the casual rejection of proper grammar? I'm not sure. I'm way too partisan to be an honest judge, anyway. That being said, I think the perception that your staff seems to do what they do so effectively, and with even a bit of fun, reflects well on your administration.

Respectfully yours,

Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment