Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Day 76- Fox & friends

Dear Mr. President,


That was one tough interview on FOX today. I thought you handled it well. I personally might have been tempted to slap Bret Baier and tell him to have some respect. This is not to say that I don't think any one should be allowed to ask you tough questions- on the contrary, in fact, I believe that's the duty of the media and of the American people. Mr. Baier, however, was not interviewing you. Mr. Baier appeared to be there to argue at you and did not have even enough respect to let you finish the majority of your answers. Through it all, you seemed to be so calm. I don't think I've ever witnessed a President submit himself to such questioning, and I'm glad that you did so with such poise.

We're almost there on health care reform, and you're right, sir, it is the right thing to do. I hope we get there. Today at the park across the street from my store there was a rally about improving the local economy, using government projects to put people back to work improving the state infrastructure. I heard the speaker use your work with the stimulus bill as an example Washington state politicians should follow. The whole crowd cheered. No matter what the partisan hacks who pass for reporters on FOX say, Mr. President, this country still stands with you, and still supports the agenda you've envisioned. Your answer to Mr. Baier about health care reform being more than a reflection upon the presidency was right on; we've so many larger problems than the way that history will judge us. (Though, to be fair, you risk far greater judgment than most.)

I hope you left the interview today feeling as calm as you seemed. I can't tell you enough how much I admire your performance, it certainly was not something most politicians could have handled.

Respectfully yours,

Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment